Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My first Currently

Happy New Year!  Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade has a fun way to celebrate each month and I decided to join in since it's a new year.  So, here goes!

Listening:  I actually work better when it's quiet.  I get too scattered if I'm listening to music, and I'm too visual to watch TV and work at the same time.  I know, I know.  I feel like I'm the last person on the planet who functions this way.

Loving: It was wonderful to have all three kids home together for a week.  With young adult children, two of whom have careers with more unusual hours (an actress and a fashion photographer) I realize that these times together are precious.  They won't always be able to come home for Christmas.  What a treat to spend time with them!

Thinking:  So I had these good intentions of creating lots of stuff for my TpT store.  And instead, I read lots of blogs and found tons of great ideas that I altered so they'd work with my kiddos.  So thanks to all my teacher friends for sharing their great ideas!  Now, I've got a boatload to copy and play with for my bright-eyed students tomorrow.

Wanting:  The hardest part of teaching for me is getting out of bed at 5:00.  I try to run in the mornings - and I'm way more successful in my head than I am in real life.  But I try!

Needing:  I want to change the world, one kid at a time.  I want them all to read and write well and to want  it for themselves as much as I want it for them.  And I just need to breathe....

OLW:  Good grief!  What am I complaining about?  Life is good, very good.  And I am grateful!

How about you?  What's on your mind this first day of the new year?

Blessings to you in this new year!
Marion

3 comments:

  1. I really like your OWL. We should all be a little more grateful! :)

    Happy New Year!

    Leslie
    Miss R's Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand your needing to go easy on yourself working with students with disabilities can be challenging when you see them struggle so much and they seem not to care about anything when your working so hard to help them improve, I know they care inside and it's just their frustration with not being able to catch on but I can defiantly feel the need to "fix" it all for them even when I know I cant! Glad I found your blog, I look forward to following you this year!!

    Amy
    The Resource(ful) Room

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Amy. I think all teachers want to "fix," don't you? I think it's part of our nature. The more I realize that I need to watch carefully and see where they need help and where they don't, the more I find I can relax and just let learning take place. But I do get impatient. And oftentimes that spurs me to create something or explain a concept in a new way. So it's not all bad!

    Hope you have a good start to this year!
    Marion

    ReplyDelete