Moving and in denial. In de Nile? | Mentoring in the Middle

Moving and in denial. In de Nile?

I know I need boxes.  I know I need to go into my walk-in closet (which I'm losing in my new room) and throw some things away.  And box up some other stuff.  But I'm too busy, I say.  Too much to do right now!  Like grading those book projects.  And making sure kids are still reading good stuff up until the very last day minute of school.

Can you say denial?  Yeah, that's where I think I am.  I'm not moving far.  Down the hall, down a flight of stairs, and down another hallway.  First floor instead of second.  Bright square new room instead of rectangular older room.  All good stuff, right?  So why am I not doing anything?  I'm not usually an 11th hour person.  But I'm not a first hour person, either.  Put me somewhere in the middle.

I just don't want to panic a couple of weeks from now when I realize that there's WAY, WAY more stuff in my room than I realized.

Sigh.

2 comments

  1. Oh boy, good luck with your move! I just came across your blog! Looking forward toreading more :)
    Jenn
    DoodlingAroundin6thGrade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenn. And welcome to my blog! I'm your newest follower too; it's good (and important) for sixth grade teachers to share information and ideas!
      Marion

      Delete