It's June already?! | Mentoring in the Middle

It's June already?!

It didn't feel like school was almost over until Memorial Day.  Three days to sleep in!  Does anyone besides a teacher understand that sleeping in means anything past 7:00 a.m.?  I love teaching, I really do.  But getting up at 5:00 (or trying to, anyway) gets harder and harder as the year goes on.

But it's a new month, and a new month means linking up with FarleyOh' Boy 4th Grade
Listening....I wrote this last night when my youngest, now a sophomore in college, was hanging out with a group of friends down in the basement.  Good to hear them all laughing!

Loving....yeah.  I'm naturally an 11-7 kind of sleeper.  Teaching tries to change that in me, and after 12 years (12 years!) you'd think I'd have the hang of something more like 10-5.  I'm looking forward to waking up without an alarm for a while.

Thinking....I really do enjoy teaching.  And my mind's always going about what I can do differently or better, or how I can reach this kid or that one.  

Wanting...I'm moving to a new room.  And it's fine, really.  I just want someone who's more organized than me to come in and take over the packing part.  Any volunteers?

Needing...to trust that moving will get done.  It will.  Really.  

Vacation...nothing makes me happier than a good book, a good beach chair, and some sun.  Oh yeah, and my feet in the ocean.  What is it about the ocean that it just totally calms me down?  Does it do that for you too?

For those of us who are still in school - hang in there!  It's a little wilder right now with schedule changes all over the place, but it's all good stuff.

Have a good week!  3 1/2 days left for me!  
Marion

3 comments

  1. Your summer vacation items are perfect! All you need is beach to bring it all together, or a pool! I wish someone would pack up my room for me, but I guess I'll just have to talk my kiddos into helping me. Sorting the books by genre is educational, right?

    Found your blog through Currently and I am your newest follower. Would love for you to head over and check out my blog!

    Lindsay
    If You Give a Teacher a Treat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also love someone to pack up my room for me. It is such a chore! I also am a big fan of a simple vacation you are talking about. They are the best.
    Jessica

    Apples and Papers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sleeping habits sound a lot like mine. I am and always will be a night owl.

    Best of luck with the move! That's always an interesting endeavor with all our teaching stuff, isn't it?

    So glad I found your blog. :)

    ~Michelle
    Making It As A Middle School Teacher

    ReplyDelete