It's September - time for a new Currently | Mentoring in the Middle

It's September - time for a new Currently

I love that Farley at Oh' Boy 4th Grade does this linky every month.  It's a great way to be reflective about past and present, and it connects TONS of teachers together.  Which is always cool.  So, here goes.

 Listening:  I guess I'm not really listening to my husband watching.  I'm listening to the ballgame.  We come from opposite end of the state, and he's a real Pittsburgh fan.  I like my Phillies, but don't get take much time to watch them on TV.

Loving:  After a first week back in school, I am LOOOVING having four days off.  I'd be happy if we had a four day weekend every month.  We don't get long breaks like some of you folks do.  Other than Christmas, everything else is pretty short.  I'd go a week longer for some days off in late winter!

Thinking:  I really have nothing to complain about.  Life is good.

Wanting:  to remember that.  All year long.  Even around state testing time.

Needing: truly nothing.  I have my faith, the love of my family, enough food to eat and "stuff" to make me happy.  And I like to share.  'nuff said.

My heart's desires:  keeping it all in perspective is really my goal for this year.  I can get pretty passionate agitated about what I'm doing and what still needs to be done at school.  I need to remember to keep breathing.  Every step forward is movement, no matter how big or small.

Exercising keeps me healthy.  And sane.  Keep doing it!

There's always SO much to be thankful for, even when things are stressful.  Keep giving thanks!

And that's all she wrote, folks!
For everyone going back to school tomorrow, best wishes!  And go to bed early.  It is truly amazing how exhausted you'll be!

3 comments

  1. Love how you are so positive! What a great attitude to have!

    Elizabeth
    The First Grade Jungle Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping it in perspective sounds good to me, that is definitely something I need to work on! I hope you had a great four days off! :)

    Fashion Craze Learning Days

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hah! I didn't know what the heart was for, so I just wrote more things that I'm totally loving down. I guess next month I'll know "better!"

    ReplyDelete