Positive thoughts and gratitude | Mentoring in the Middle

Positive thoughts and gratitude

Where, oh where have I been?  It's a long story, but I'm hoping life settles down and I get to spend more time blogging.  It's a great way for me to reflect on what I do.

Linking up with my bloggy buddy Jennifer, who's always full of good ideas, like this one for positive thinking.  I don't know about you, but I have a love/hate relationship with  the craziness at the end of the year. I do know this - it's exhausting! 

So it's good to be reminded to stay positive, and to keep breathing!   One step at a time; one day at a time!










Here's one of my favorite quotes, and it's one that rings true as a reminder for myself:
You know how there are these people in the world, and when you speak to them, you feel like you're the most important person to them at that moment?   I love thinking that I might actually get there some day!

And the gratitude?  My principal told us about a month ago that he had some extra money for us to buy books for our classroom libraries.  Now, for me, that's about as close to Christmas as you can get!
Here's what arrived in my classroom on Tuesday, to be shared by the four 6th grade Reading teachers.  So grateful for a district that believes kids should be reading high interest, good fit books and provides money so they can do that!

Have a wonderful Friday, everyone!

1 comment