Hoo boy! It's been a while! Linking up with Monday Made It | Mentoring in the Middle

Hoo boy! It's been a while! Linking up with Monday Made It

How is it possible that this is the 9th Monday Made It of the summer?  Why is this the first time I'm linking up?  And why haven't I felt like working on school stuff at all?  Yup, yup, yup.  This has been a much needed rest time for me.  But I did make one thing today!
This idea has been germinating in my head ever since someone posted some bulletin board ideas on facebook a while back.  I took one idea and changed it up to better fit what I wanted for my sixth graders, so here it is.


Each page has the picture of the cover of the book, the first paragraph or two to "grab" the reader and a QR code.  The codes have a brief summary of the book.








I picked an assortment of about ten books, some of them new books I read over the summer (Oh, so THAT's what I did!) and some of them good books that just need to be read (like Out of My Mind and Wonder.)

Why only ten?  Because I want students to make the rest as they start reading their way through my books.

My challenge last year was to read 25 books.  The average was 32!  Well, 32.5 to be exact.:)

Should I push for 40 this year?  What do you think?

2 comments

  1. Great board. Thought "Out of my Mind" was the best book of the summer!
    Mrs. Brown Loves Bookworms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been one of my go-to read alouds! I love watching how my students start of kind of curious about Melody and end up totally rallying around her. There are many good life lessons in it for them - and us!

      Delete