Friday, January 1, 2016

Currently and New Years Day 2016!

I love that Farley from Oh Boy 4th Grade is so consistent with her Currently posting.  Happy New Year to you all!
Listening - my husband has been working so hard since he took a new job with the Department of Education in our state.  He's got a bit of the "Energizer bunny" in him, so I'm glad he's getting a chance to nap.  

Loving - this break.  It's been a wonderful combination of family time and down time.  My kids were all able to be home for Christmas so that was super, and I've had other days where I didn't get out of pj's until almost lunchtime.

Thinking - I get charged up by the number of products people are producing over break, but I just haven't felt as strong an urge to work on them as I have to read a few books.  I know I should finish them, but reading is. just. so. much. fun!

Wanting - I'm sure there are some teachers out there who are raring to get back into their classrooms.  Don't get me wrong, I love teaching!  But I love me some down time too, and right now, with only a few days to go, and some more grading and planning to do......Well, you understand.

Needing - I don't mean to sound full of myself, but honestly, I don't need anything right now.  I'd like a little more peace in the world (make that a lot more) but for me personally?  I'm okay right now.

One little word - I've been reading a book, One Thousand Gifts, and it's really making me think about how I live my life and what I focus on.  So this year, I'll be looking for the small joys in each day and focusing on them.  They are, in many ways, God's love letters to me.

So, how about you?  What are your goals for 2016?  Whatever they are, I hope this year is filled with joy!


4 comments:

  1. I guess if I was being absolutely honest I am actually listening to my husband play video games. So, I can relate to you listening to him while being on the computer. I know, don't we always want another week at the end of the break.
    Casey
    CasedillaCrumbs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use another week of break too! Who couldnt! I hope you have an amazing 2016 and enjoy the rest of the school year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your break sounds wonderful and relaxing, I am right there with you wishing we had another week of relaxing but there is a small part of me that might go stir crazy if I don't get out of the house eventually. Enjoy the rest of your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanksgiving is a great word! Focusing on being grateful always make my attitude improve. I totally get the finishing the half finished products thing. The products, the books, the half organized pile of ideas...

    ReplyDelete