Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Show and Tell Tuesday!

Hi everyone,

I'm linking up with Stephanie from Forever in 5th Grade this month again, to share some of the wild and wooly things that have been happening in my neck of the woods!

What's been up with the weather lately?  It snowed about an inch and a half on Saturday, and I have to admit, it WAS really pretty.  But really?  In April?  Don't get me wrong, I love snow.  In December and January, and even in February.  April?

Yeah, no.



Do you ever think that your kids know something, only to read their writing and think,  Oh. My. Word!  If I have to correct another one of these words, I'm going to scream!.  So I came up with an every-which-way-but-Sunday-way to make this a fun review for sixth graders.

They had fun working on their interactive notebooks and playing the card games.  And their writing is a whole lot better these days!
Do you need protein for breakfast every meal?  I do!  And these cottage cheese pancakes are AMAZING!  They taste almost like a sourdough pancake.  Sooo good with blueberries!  This recipe is from The Mood Cure, a very interesting book about food and, you guessed it, your mood.  Really thought-provoking!
No pictures for this one.  
We started state testing this week.
Yeah.  You know what that's like.

Hope the rest of your week is wonderful!

5 comments:

  1. I guess winter had to have it's last hurrah... up here in Michigan, too. The pancakes look delish! See you around. Kathleen Kidpeople Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy, I can really relate! We had snow just ten days ago too. It is not nearly as exciting as when it snows in December. We are also doing state testing, but only two more sessions to go! Thanks for linking up!

    Stephanie
    Forever in Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow covered trees are so pretty! Will have to try the cottage cheese pancakes, they look simple and sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Testing. Sigh. How appropriate that there's no picture. Nothing to see there unlike your beautiful snow picture where the limbs were just so gracefully kissed with snow.

    -Lisa
    Mrs. Spangler in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
  5. We do Iowa tests in October. Hope you had a good week.
    Beti

    ReplyDelete