I am so grateful for the folks who took time away from families and work to share solid, constructive ideas so that others, like me, can grow. I am equally grateful to the many "regular" teachers who shared a smile, a comment, a place at the table, a website, an idea, and friendship.
I heard that sure, success takes a bit of luck. And maybe an original idea that grows in popularity. But mostly, it's about establishing yourself as an expert in your field, and then just working harder than the next person. I heard that over and over again. Enough that it made me think.
So, here are my suggestions for myself - and for you:
- Make a plan for what you're going to do this month
- Break it down by week and even by day, if you wish
- Figure out how many hours you have to give to get to your goal
When you sit down to work:
- Set the timer on your phone for how long you planned for
- Put your phone on airplane mode
- If you can't stop playing with your phone, put it behind you somewhere
- Spend time building your social media presence, but not more than 20%
- Focus on just a few sites - you can't do them all
- Network with other bloggers and TpTers
That's where I'm starting. How about you? What suggestions do you have? How are you planning to step it up a bit?