Sure fire inexpensive Christmas ideas for teachers | Mentoring in the Middle

Sure fire inexpensive Christmas ideas for teachers

Unique, inexpensive Christmas gifts for teachers
There are 30 days left until Christmas.  What?!  Just typing that is making me freak a little.

The holiday season is upon us, and Cyber Monday is just around the corner!  

It's that time of year when students’ behavior is an exercise in how far the promise of hot chocolate & marshmallows will actually go, and teachers are beyond ready for an alarm clock that promises to pass 6:00 a.m. before it actually goes off.

Teachers know how much a little appreciation can mean from our students and their families around the holidays. For those of us who pull double duty as teachers AND parents, we know how much stress it can add to have a few additional people on our holiday shopping lists.  

Let me make life a little easier. Are you looking for the perfect gift for your colleagues or your child's teacher?  I’ve pulled together some great gift ideas for you to consider this season:

Amazon cards as Christmas gifts for teachers
Unique, inexpensive Christmas gifts for teachersAmazon gift cards - this one is a great one-size-fits-all option that is sure to satisfy pretty much any teacher!  If it feels a little too impersonal, have your child create a handmade card or gift box to accompany it.  Why not have your child create a "What will my teacher do this winter break?" letter accompanied by a gift card or two, like this idea from Thirty Handmade Days?       
2

S’well bottle is a great gift for teachers on the go. My most luxurious lunch break was when I had a planning period immediately following it, but that’s no longer a treat I enjoy.  So, what….perhaps 27 minutes, now?  This bottle that transitions easily from keeping my coffee hot to keeping my water cool is a huge asset in my classroom.   
Unique, inexpensive Christmas gifts for teachers

 Speakeasy Travel Supply creates an infinity scarf with a covert pocket for items like your passport, cash, or a credit card. This is a unique gift for any avid traveler as well as anyone who likes to get up and go without carrying a bag around.  My daughter gave me one of these scarves a couple of years ago and I get tons of compliments when I wear it! I especially love it on days when my pants don’t have pockets.


Unique, inexpensive Christmas gifts for teachers
   This short book of wrong test answers will offer your child’s teacher a good laugh no matter the season.  They might even want to compare notes with some of the funnier ones they've seen!


Unique, inexpensive Christmas gifts for teachers   Almost halfway into the year, classroom supplies are often running low.  This  Tiered Supply Cake is a great donation to any teacher’s supply closet. Stephanie Lynn, who wrote about this,  made it as a back to school gift, but with a different set of ribbons, it works just as well for the holidays.  What a fun way to contribute items that many of us are often spending our own money on! And if artsy’s not your thing, never fear – these items are still appreciated just as much in a gift bag.

    

   I carry around a bunch of notes from former students and their parents, going back to when I first started teaching, almost twenty years ago.  When I doubt why I’m in this exhilarating/exhausting profession, I pull those out.  An expression of gratitude written by a child brings a smile to my face!

     Whatever you decide on for your child’s teacher or your colleagues, I wish you the best during this spirit of giving!









No comments

Post a Comment